Rights of the user
You have the right at any time to obtain confirmation of the existence of these datas and to know the content and origin of them, verify their accuracy or request their integration or updating, or correction. You have also the right to request cancellation, transformation into anonymous or block the datas violating the law, and to oppose, in any case for legitimate reasons, to their treatment.
Requests should be sent to the data controller by writing to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are cookies?
Cookies are informations placed on the browser when you visit a website with a PC, smartphone or tablet.
Each cookie contains various data such as, for example, the name of the server from which it comes, a numeric identifier, etc ..
Cookies can remain in the system for the duration of a session (until you close the browser used for web browsing) or for long periods and may contain a unique identifier code.
What types and categories of cookies exist?
Technical cookies: they are used to perform informatic authentications, monitoring of sessions and storing specific informations about users who access a web page. They are not used for other purposes and they are normally installed by the owner of the website.
They can be divided into:
- Navigation or session Cookies: they guarantee the normal navigation and usage of the website and may make the navigaton faster and quicker, because, for example, they provide assistance to facilitate certain procedures when you shop online, when you authenticate to areas with restricted access. They are then deleted when you close the browser.
- Analytical Cookies: they are assimilated to technical cookies when they’re used by the webmasters to collect anonymous and aggregated informations about the number of users and how they visit the Site, and then draw up general statistics about the service and its use.
- Functionality Cookies: they allow users’ browsing in function of a set of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service.
- Profiling (or Behavioral) Cookies: they are used to track the user’s navigation on the network and create profiles on his tastes, habits, choices, etc. Because of these cookies, advertising messages in line with the preferences already expressed by the user in navigating online can be transmitted to the user’s terminal (Behavioural Advertising – behavioral advertising). There are other similar technologies (web beacons, flash cookies, silver light application storage) that can store and read data files on your computer. Because of the considerable invasiveness that such devices may take in the private sphere of the users, the European and Italian legislation requires the user to be properly informed on the use, and to express his valid consent.
Third-party Cookies: You may also have a web page containing cookies from other websites, contained in various elements hosted on the same page, such as banner ads, images, videos, etc .. We speak, in these cases, about 3rd-party Cookies, which are usually used for profiling purposes.
Which Cookies is this Website using?
This site is NOT using profiling cookies.
We communicate to users that the cookies used on this website are the following types:
- Technical cookies
- Third-party cookies: Mainly with the purpose of analysis, 3rd-party cookies derived mostly from functionality:
– Google Analytics (Google Inc.): Policy | Opt Out
– Google Maps (Google Inc.): Policy | Opt Out
How the cookies work and how to delete them?
The operating modes and options to limit or block cookies can be adjusted by changing the settings on your Internet browser. The majority of Internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically, but the user can change these settings to block cookies or to be alerted whenever cookies are sent to your device ,or totally disable cookies, by setting the an higher security level.
Below is the path to follow to manage cookies by the following browsers:
For more details the user is invited to refer to the instruction manual or the help screen of your browser, to learn how to adjust or change the settings of the same.
If the user uses different devices together to view and access to this Site (eg, computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), must ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to reflect your preferences regarding cookies. To remove cookies from the Internet browser of your smartphone/tablet you should refer to the user manual of the device.
For more information about cookies the user is encouraged to visit the website: www.aboutcookies.org.